[ale] Question on IDE's

Tom Wiencko tew at wiencko.com
Fri Jul 19 22:00:52 EDT 2002

I want to second the vote for Jedit.  I am using it to do scads of
Python programs (in the thousands of lines each) and have been
completely pleased with it.  It outperforms (feature and raw
performance) many commercial programs.

It has more features than I have even figured out how to use, is
very well maintained, and is one of the shining stars of the open
source effort.

- Tom

John Wells wrote:

> I've mentioned it before, but you may like jEdit (http://www.jedit.org).
>
> While initially intended as a java editor, with UML class breakdown and
> navigation and automatic save-to/open-from ftp file transfers among it's
> nicer features, it supports a number of different languages (in the
> 100's).

... many lines deleted ...
Tom Wiencko                                              tew at wiencko.com
President - Wiencko & Associates, Inc.                    (404) 255-2330
Telecom Consulting & Project Development -- Wireline, Wireless, Internet

---