[ale] DNS Server Config for Two Domain Names?

Ryan Neily ryan at neily.net
Mon Jul 15 16:49:20 EDT 2002

Are there any DNS/BIND freaks out there that can answer this question?

I am looking to change an authoritative DNS server (Bind 9.21) so that it
it will resolve for two domains at the same time.  What I am looking to
do is have a domain (for example ryan.com) and another domain (for
example neily.com) resolve for the same hosts. (Meaning hostx.ryan.com and
hostx.neily.com will resolve to the same IP address)  I know that I can
make duplicate copies of the data and reverse files, but then when
updating, I will have to make changes in two places...

Is there any way to do like an "alias" in BIND 9.21?  It seems like this
would be common knowledge as many companies own multiple domains.

Any ideas?

--
Ryan Neily
ryan at neily.net