[ale] a good Fri afternoon OT post...

Bob Evans bobevans19 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 13 08:16:49 EDT 2002

This won't get me in the running for the most valuable
"find" at my company, but it was kind of weird.

A couple of the guys who work in a small coffe shop in
my building pulled me aside one day. They had been
emptying trash in the dumpster, and came upon several
large plastic bags. Inside were 25' cat5 cables with
connectors. There must have been 50 sets in each bag,
and 8 or 10 bags.
The coffe guys were asking me what this was, and if it
was of any value. Their previous finds in the dumpster
consisted of some old NT4 install cd's.
I told them what it was, and availed myself of a
couple bags. (We had an Installfest coming up, so I
had a use for them)

Curiosity got the best of me, though, so I asked one
of the network guys if he knew anything about it. He
was quick to admit that he had told one of his people
to pitch the cabling. He said they were moving to a
new building soon, and it was "too much hastle" to
cart all that stuff with them...

=====
Bob Evans                            http://carolinux.com
bobevans19 at yahoo.com                 Providing economical
704 882-6214 (w)                     computer solutions
704 562-7166 (m)                     to the Carolinas...