[ale] OT - ADSL - Conclusion

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Jul 12 12:30:36 EDT 2002

Having watched this thread with a perverse grin, I must now weigh into
the fray...

I am cynical enough to believe that all of the DSL connectivity problems
are caused by the same 2 bands of job-changing morons that keep moving
around in the telcom world. There are 2 groups who I hold responsible
for this situation.

Group one is the finger pointing group. What ever the problem is, it is
always caused by something outside of the control of their organization
so it's not their responsibility to fix it. As they will get no rewards
for making any effort to get the problem resolved, that's the end of the
train.

Group two is composed of the technologically incompetent. They have the
responsibility of keeping things running smoothly, but they are sloppy
and forget to do things right or just do dumb things and break stuff.
They are usually going to get into technology management where they can
really wreak havoc.

Group one can be most effectively handled by a 9mm gunshot to the head.
It's quick and cheap and makes a strong statement about mandatory levels
of customer service. (Aren't you glad I'm not in the White House ;)

Group two can be controlled by the removal of all safety devices and
equipment in the work areas. This must be done with a memo that each
technician is to request and check out in advance all needed supplies
before each service call. Darwin will take over the process from there.

The third control mechanism that will improve the connectivity of all
forms of net access will be the assassination of spammers. As the spam
linear+ rate. If the load problems were eliminated by the elimination of
the spammers, the remaining (after group two elimination) competent
technicians can quite effectively handle the remaining, legitimate
network issues and all will be well in digital land.

Hmm. Maybe I better NOT run for public office.

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>

 This is a digitally signed message part