[ale] OT - ADSL - Conclusion

Mazukna, Thomas Thomas.Mazukna at delta.com
Fri Jul 12 08:58:40 EDT 2002

Here is summary:

By browsing and comparing reviews on dslreports.com the best place to get
DSL is SouthEast. Worst - CA
For tech savvy people like myself, there is no difference what the ISP tech
support rating is at dslreports.com
Since we are in BellSouth monopoly all the copper is in there hands and does
not mean that you will have DSL faster through them.
Best choice of DSL ISP would be DirectTV DSL - Static IP, No PPPOE, No port
blocking, you can run any server on your end, free hardware, ethernet
modem/router.
No matter who you choose in Atlanta area the speed limit is the same if not
capped by ISP - 1.5m/256k.
If anybody can give good reason not to go with DirectTV when I move speak up
or forever hold your peace.

thanks,
Tomas

---