[ale] Why so many updates to RedHat?

Michael Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Wed Jul 10 13:45:05 EDT 2002

Thanks to everyone who pointed out that I had a RH 7.2 system.  In fact,
I do have a 7.3 system but I managed to overwrite my rpm database with
the database of a 7.2 system.  (Don't ask how--I'm not positive myself.)

I don't think there is any way for me to figure out how to rebuild my
rpm DB--but I'm open to suggestion.  I "upgraded" all my rpms so that
every rpm the DB thinks I have is correct, but there are a lot that I
have installed that it doesn't know about.  I'm not sure what my best
approach is, here.

But at least I don't feel like I'm going crazy any more.

--Michael

---