[ale] Rpm Heaven.

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Tue Jul 9 17:42:20 EDT 2002

Ok. I have an idea, Doh! After hours and hours of trying to get DVD to play on
7.3, and resolving all the other problems that I ran into - and seeing
Aaron's 7.2 box rockin' I decided to go back to 7.2.

What I want to do is throw all the rpms I can find into /etc/rpm and run a
command like rpm -Uvh *.rpm

So far, I have put all the RPMS off of the 7.3 CD in the directory, does
anyone know where I can download like a hundred of the latest and greatest
RPMs to try to upgrade to?

Will this work (rpm check for dependencies and install stuff that will work
out okay?

I have lost a couple of boxes trying to do this (seen Duchene do it before
though) - where the box will not reboot at all.

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com

---