[ale] A nation of the immigrants, by the immigrants, for the immigrants

Mazukna, Thomas Thomas.Mazukna at delta.com
Tue Jul 9 09:43:43 EDT 2002

As a person on H1B let me state this

 USA is the hardest country in the world to get into with strictest
immigration laws. You have to protect yourself, because all 3rd world
country citizens want to get to US, no matter how, legally or illegally.

 Companies in US stopped hiring H1Bs. In current marked they can find a
citizen to fill in the position without going through a ton of paperwork for
INS and paying lawyer to prep it. I have a bunch of friends on H1b without a
job and it is harder to find one on H1b, you can not go to McD to flip
burgers to make ends meet. Your H1B is tied to a company and thats the only
place you CAN work. They could have had a job by now, but were not hired
because of H1b... who loves to deal with INS.

 The problem is that all this hype created "programmers" who finished an
evening school and got a "web developer" title and flooded the market after
.com crash. It is still hard to find people with real skills. The job market
will rebound shortly and the cycle will continue.

I have worked for a offshore outsourcing company and believe me it is not
that hard to set up and allot faster and cheaper for US company, if the H1B
will end and the salaries will rise, offshore outsourcing will be the next
big thing.

For more details we can take this one offline.

The bottom line is do not blame H1b program for shortage of jobs.

Tomas

---