[ale] Break the current thread with a perl question

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Jul 3 18:55:50 EDT 2002

[...]

    Armsby> I need to port the thing to HPUX.  The good news is it
    Armsby> runs fine.  The bad news is it errors out (too many bytes
    Armsby> in the value) and stops dead.  I have experimented with
    Armsby> SDBM_File on NT and get the identical error.  The
    Armsby> documentation tells me to expect it.  Is there any HPUX
    Armsby> DBM solution out there?  I don't know the pedigree of
    Armsby> NDBM_File on the HPUX box other than the the perl version
    Armsby> is 5.003.

        Berkeley DB (DB_File) should work on HPUX and handle that
large keys.

        And you really, really should upgrade that perl.  5.003 had a
couple of nasty bugs (I seem to recall at least one local setuid hole
if you have any setuid perl programs).  5.6.1 has been out for a good
while now (or 5.8.0 is due to be out RSN).

770 933-0600 x211(w)  |  scary questions." -- Jules                =(___)=
770 294-0820 (m)      |                                               U

---