[ale] Makefile qustion

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Jul 2 17:33:14 EDT 2002

cfowler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like you create nodes using my Makefile's.  I'm trying to make
> all parts of my build use Make and nothing else.

Why restrict yourself to a screwdriver when you have a nail to drive?
Use the best to for the purpose.  I don't believe you can do iterative
processing in a makefile without $(shell ..) construct.  Even then if
that's still pure enough for you, you're going to end up writing a shell
script that does the looping for you.  If it's an interative process you
need, use the shell.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

---