[ale] Palladium/MS: ideas for retaliation - WAY, WAY, WAYOTnow!!!

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Mon Jul 1 10:37:02 EDT 2002

> There are two current modes of thought on a solution to this problem.
> One mode is that the parents, and thus the kids, are on their own to
> make their way in this world. Societal contribution is a one
> way street
> that runs from the individual , not towards the individual. In this
> mode, society has no responsibility to improve the life of the
> individual who does not already meet the standards of society.
>
> The other mode of thinking is one where society has a
> responsibility to
> to itself and that extends to support the members of society
> who are not
> as proficient in the processes that are required for full and active
> participation in society. This process is more of a two way street
> between the individual and society at large.

As long as neither of these is shoved down anyone's throat at gunpoint that
doesn't want them, I have no problem with it, as long as 'shoving down
someone's throat' is understood to include forcing me or anyone else to *pay*
for what someone else considers 'for the betterment of society'.

Slavemasters considered anything that gave slaves more freedom to be to the
*detriment* of society.

Charles

---