[ale] something's eating cycles

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 1 09:35:56 EDT 2002

This newbie needs a little help.

Something is eating processor cycles and the widget I am using
isn't helping me. First it tells me that Mozilla is responsible (but
it isn't) and then it tells me that solitaire is the culprit -- it aint
either.
Does there exist a utility that I can let run in the background that will
keep tabs on running programs and report, when queried, how busy they
are or how much of the processor they are using, or somehow give me
the data I need to figure out which program or routine is screwing up?

Thanks,

Sean

---