[ale] bellsouth dsl pppoe dhcp

Mark Angeli webmaster at tinyminds.org
Mon Jul 1 08:15:23 EDT 2002

Roaring Penguin handles it all.

You need to have two nics (eth0 and eth1). Eth0 is set to a hard IP address
and is plugged in to your HUB so the other computers on your net work can
see it.

Eth1 does not need to have an IP address assigned to it.

When you run adsl-setup (RP's setup utility) you specify that the link to
the dsl modem is eth1 and it handles it from there.

Select the right stuff, plugin your username/password and you're all set.

I've set up two such systems with a slackware/rp firewall and they've been
great so far!

Mark
http://www.tinyminds.org
Bringing Users Closer to Linux