[ale] X applications in windows?

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 27 05:28:02 EST 2002

Chris Fowler wrote:

> VNC on the UNIX side does not take over the current dekstop.  It runs a X
> server and expect a  VNC client.  On the Windows side, VNC actually takes
> over the desktop.

One word: x0rfbserver. Grep the VNC web site for it. You
run it on a machine that's running an X server, and it
makes the existing X desktop available via RFB (the VNC
protocol). It had some minor problems when I last looked
at it, but that was a year ago.

Cheers,

-- Joe

"I should like to close this book by sticking out any part of my neck
 which is not yet exposed, and making a few predictions about how the
 problem of quantum gravity will in the end be solved."
 --- Physicist Lee Smolin, "Three Roads to Quantum Gravity"

---