[ale] dxpc ???

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Mon Feb 25 09:48:04 EST 2002

  Ok, I've followed the directions and I'm missing something.  I'm
hoping a 3rd party will see the error.  Here's the scenario.

-----
I log into my desktop at home
ssh to my firewall and start my pptp session to my office VPN
ssh to my deskop at my office
On my firewall start the dxpc listener "dxpc -w -s 2"
On my desktop at my office I start the client "dxpc <home_ip>"
background this process (ctrl-z, bg)
start an X app (Eterm for testing sake)
-----

All my ssh sessions are ssh -X to set $DISPLAY.  If I use a straight
Eterm using the X forwarding I'll eventually get an Eterm.  If I set
$DISPLAY to localhost:8.0 on my office desktop I get an error that it
can't open display localhost:8.

Thoughts?

:wq!
                                \_       that important!