[ale] GGI, SDL, Mesa, Oh My!

Cade Thacker linux at cade.org
Fri Feb 22 16:41:44 EST 2002

Thanks for the suggestions on the earlier post. I have dug a little deeper
and found this web site which gives a little blurb about a few SDKs.

http://www.larian.com/rat/sdkprojects2.html

So my question is, has anybody had any dealings with any of these. I am
just writing a simple 2D game. I already have one vote for SDL. GGI also
looks promising, but has anybody used it yet?  Sounds like I could us
Mesa, but would that be overkill?

So here are the candidates, any one better than another:

GGI
PTC
ClanLib
SDL