[ale] new kernel and swap

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Feb 22 08:42:33 EST 2002

Another question regarding my new kernel.  I swear I'm not crazy.
Whatever.  After booting my box with the new kernel, I noted that
gkrellm displayed my swap usage as 0.  That's okay, initially I figure
that makes sense.  I then do a 'free' and note that I don't have any swap.

Now, I noticed that when I did the original install a while back, there
was no swap entry in my /etc/fstab file, yet my swap was still
available.  I've checked my init files and all I've noted is a
'swapon -a', yet I know I had swap available.  I can do a swapon
/dev/hda9, which enables my swap, but I'm wondering how my swap was
getting initiated before.  Anyone have any ideas, I'd appreciate it if
you'd share them.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

---