[ale] Porting/Compiling

Benjamin Dixon beatle at arches.uga.edu
Thu Feb 21 20:29:08 EST 2002

Hi all,

I'm trying to compile darwin streaming server on linux and ARM. I've got a
cross-compiler installed on my linux x86 box and have had good luck
getting the thing to compile with one exception. I'm getting an implicit
declaration of the crypt() function that results in an error. I've checked
to make sure that crypt is actually defined and it is. I've also compiled
with linkage to -lcrypt but still no luck. I searched deja and saw that
this was a relatively common occurrence under linux/unix because of a
crypt "stub" or something but none of the solutions I've come by have
worked so far. Any ideas?

Ben

---