[ale] new kernel, hard drive inproperly detected..

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Thu Feb 21 15:21:47 EST 2002

Maybe it's something stupid and someone will catch it.  I've got a 40gig
drive in this box, a recent new install detected it properly, and a
2.4.12 kernel compile did as well.  I need something from a newer
kernel, so I got 2.4.17, compiled and rebooted.  When it get's to the
hard drive, it thinks it's an 8 meg drive????  The boot stops there.

Anyone have any idea what's going on here?  Virtually identical configs
for the 2.4.12 and 2.4.17 except adding modules for wacom tablet support.

Clues?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

---