[ale] Stuck in 2.4.4 kernel compilation...

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Feb 20 07:27:28 EST 2002

At this point, it sounds like you are going to need to start with a
fresh untar of 2.4.4, NOT apply the patch, make [x|menu]config, make
dep, make bzImage. Then make clean, patch, make [x|menu]config to select
the patched options, make dep, make bzImage.

If the unpatched kernel compiles and the patched kernel won't, then you
know where the problem is :)