[ale] Stuck in 2.4.4 kernel compilation...

Amarendra Godbole (Intl Vendor) v-amarg at microsoft.com
Wed Feb 20 02:50:34 EST 2002

> Will the kernel build OK without the patch? If so, use that
> .config as a
> starter. Apply the patch and then run make menuconfig...

The NFSv4 patch is applied fine to the kernel 2.4.4. One more thing, I
tried all combos of enabling the CONFIG_NETLINK and CONFIG_NETFILTER
options, and the compilation bails out at different places.

In the very first place, I did a `make oldconfig', instead of `make
config,' assuming that my old configuration will be taken up as is. This
produced the .config file which had CONFIG_NETLINK and CONFIG_NETFILTER
options _disabled_ .

Now I am again stuck with the same problem of the kernel 2.4.4 not
compiling. Google search for the exact error messages resulted in mail
threads with the same kind of problems I have, but no answers to them.

I am now unable to figure out what to do. Can anyone suggest me
something ?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
--amar

--
Amarendra A. Godbole / Microsoft ``Services For UNIX'' / These opinions
are _MINE_.

---