[ale] DirecTV DSL and RH Linux 7.1

Jim Seymour jseymou5 at bellsouth.net
Tue Feb 19 13:37:51 EST 2002

Hi all,
	Just got DirecTV DSL the other weekend and am trying to sort out some
problems with the connection.  The instructions for linux basically say
enable DHCP and reboot.  ADSL times out everytime I boot linux and I
have to start it (interface) manually with the Network Configurator. I
am totally new to networking so please excuse what is probably a simple
question to most of you. As you can guess it starts up perfectly under
macroslop98. Should I have something special in my modules.conf? Right
now its "alias eth0 tulip" for the Linksys LNE100TX card.  TIA for any
and all help.
--

Jim Seymour
ICQ 60268553
jseymou5 at bellsouth.net
I use OS/2 Warp 4 and Red Hat Linux 7.1
Windows is best used to eat up space on an oversized
partition.

---