[ale] Why only 128MB RAM?

Jeff Hubbs hbbs at attbi.com
Sun Feb 17 20:37:09 EST 2002

Here's a quote from the mobo manual:  "Three banks, each bank can be
single or double sided, 8MB up to 1.5GB. Supports SDRAM memory (Use
168-pin DIMM module x 3). Support +3.3V DC operating voltage for DIMM
subsystem.).

I wonder if this thing is mislabled.  The contained label says PC133 but
the chip ID is said to be PC100 as per Google.

- Jeff

Calvin Harrigan wrote:

>I would have to lean towards the module being the wrong size.
>Reason is, that even if it was a double sided module and your board only
>recognized one side, you should still register 256 Megs.
>
>Just my two cents...
>
>On Sunday 17 February 2002 04:44 pm, Jeff Hubbs wrote:
>
>>    I have an Azza Socket 7 mobo and a 512MB PC133 DIMM I got from
>>OfficeMax.  For some reason the POST only shows 128MB.  The manual for
>>the mobo indicates that it ought to be able to take 3x512MB = 1.5GB RAM.
>> Anyone know why it might say 128MB (aside from the possibility that it
>>really IS 128MB?
>>
>>- Jeff
>>

>>---
>>This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list.
>>be sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

---