[ale] MS VPN client on linux

Ron Cordell roncordell at attbi.com
Sun Feb 17 18:27:38 EST 2002

Hi everyone,

I've been trying to get my Linux laptop to access our company's MS VPN, but I
haven't had any luck. I've tried using the PPTP 1.02 client, and it appears
to contact the VPN server, but I can't get authenticated. So I am looking for
any guidance that folks may have out there.

A couple of questions:

- I think I have my chap-secrets set up correctly for PPTP, but since I can't
get authenticated, I must be missing something.

- The VPN client on my MS box must be set to "require secured password", but
the chap-secrets file does not contain encrypted passwords. Is this what I am
missing?

Thanks all,

Ron Cordell

---