[ale] petition

Tony Ucedavelez tucedavelez at datamatx.com
Fri Feb 15 14:14:50 EST 2002

>Both Microsoft and hardware manufacturers realize that continued
exponential
>growth just isn't going to happen. They have been relying on the old
Detroit
>approach (ever larger tail fins, more horsepower, lots of chrome) for a
while
>now, but people are beginning to catch on to that scam.

not really....
every business (not only microsoft) is susceptible to this
eventually....it's just a matter of when.  any *successful* organization
(*successful* defined in this case by market penetration) will eventually
run into their own asymptote....it's up to them (through r&d and
diversification) to further gain market share and growth.

if detroit came out with better fuel efficient cars w/ each model, i'm sure
they would gain the attention of those customers whose demographics fit
that of one who cares for fuel efficiency (example can transcend to other
features - safety, mileage, towing capacity, etc)

overall - INNOVATION makes the difference.  That's why linux is gaining
share with *masses*.....for the constant ingenuity that is invested into
it's OS.  but unfortunately or fortunately (however you prefer) the masses
ultimately determine whose innovative.

Antonio O. UcedaVelez
Programmer
DATAMATX