[ale] bout me company

Irv Mullins irvm at ellijay.com
Fri Feb 15 08:24:42 EST 2002

On Thursday 14 February 2002 04:27 pm, David Corbin wrote:

> Now, like somone else said, people that don't want to learn are in the
> wrong industry, but these people still get hired.  And companies even
> pay in excess of $1000 a day for them to learn about 2 hours worth of
> material to have them spoon fed.

How true. It's unfortunate that what's in that spoon is so often just Pablum,
when for $1000, you're expecting at least a juicy steak.

I suppose this doesn't really matter.  In any larger company, success doesn't
depend on what you know. Who you know, and what they *think* you
know makes all the difference.

So if having nice certificates from these all-day donut fests will increase
your chances of moving up the ladder until you reach a point where you can no
longer do any actual damage, why not take advantage of them?  (As long as
someone else is paying.)  Besides, your company probably has a fund set aside
for training. If you don't use it, they'll just blow it on greens fees for
the CEO.

Regards,
Irv

---