[ale] Re: [ale-unemployed] Re: [ale] Re: [ale-unemployed] A name?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Feb 12 12:34:12 EST 2002

I left out that the member companies names can't use the term "engineer"
unless they have a licensed engineer. That is what John Mills was
referring to specifically. As long at the association is not "in
business" to sell a product or service, it is a professional association
and does not provide engineering services.

The association would exist to promote the adoption and use of Open
Source solutions in schools, businesses and government as a better
practice for information technology. As the association has no say in
the internal practices of its members, it can only note membership in
good standing. The by-laws would define the standards for "membership in
good standing".

Hopefully, we will attract the membership of engineers. Then the name
will not be pretentious :)

It is perfectly legal for a high school drop out to get paid to design
and build a bridge. It's just not a good idea to use it.

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>

 This is a digitally signed message part