[ale] kppp & temp entries ?

Lee ridge at linkamerica.net
Mon Feb 11 12:16:23 EST 2002

Ok..I using Mandrake 8.1 here..and am having a helluva time keeping kppp and its temporary entries out of my /etc/resolve file. As there are a max of 3 entries allowed..and I end up with darn near 20 sometimes..over a period of a long day or so..this is causing me great ills!!

I've tried making this a read only file..with no success. I've heard that kppp goes outside the normal protocols to do its thing so maybe this is why?

I'm pondering a switch to wvdial perhaps..haven had any luck with minicom..staying connected that is..cuts me off after 30 min or so ? Anyway..I like kppp..except for this aggravating issue?

So..any ideas anyone. Thank you all very much for your time :-)

Lee

---