[ale] missing dependencies under Redhat.........

Michael Golden naugrimk at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 10:28:17 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-02-11 at 12:13, keith frost wrote:
> apt-get is why i switched to debian.  no regrets.
> you are correct there is a apt-rpm.  i'm not sure who
> maintains it though.

That would be Conectiva, a Brazilian distributor of linux. The english
version of their page can be found at http://en.conectiva.com/ though
the english page is significantly lacking from the Spanish and Portugues
pages. (I can't read either of those but it looks like more stuff. ;) )

> it should be noted that this is
> very new and should be tried on a non critical box
> first.

Relatively new or not, in all of my experiences it was very stable and
worked quickly and as promised. Only problem I ever found was when
installed packages had unresolved dependencies apt wouldn't work. (Damn
packages that require "SDL" when I have "libSDL" installed and have to
--nodeps to install them)

--
Michael Golden <naugrimk at yahoo.com>
GnuPG Public Key: 1F8BDBDE