[ale] Unix vs Linux

ChangingLINKS.com ChangingLINKS.com at bigfoot.com
Sun Feb 10 16:43:55 EST 2002

I have dealt with people like this before. Do not tell him that Linux is
faster - even if you find out (from the ale or benchmark testing) that it is
true.
                      Instead,  ask _him_ to provide the proof.
I believe what the RedHat site was true, and it mentioned that Linux is still
being widely developed where Unix is stagnant. I would guess that Linux is
faster simply because "the people" are still developing it and re-evaluating
it.
You will probably find that his belief is simply based on his father's ego,
that he ran no benchmark test, and cannot find any information to support his
position. (This is barring the obvious question: Is Unix faster at
everything, or just some processes?) We all know one thing: Linux is
definately _growing_ faster.
Drew
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com

---