[ale] Which (X-window) KDE,GNOME,........

Michael Golden naugrimk at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 10 12:23:21 EST 2002

On Sun, 2002-02-10 at 08:50, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> Both offer a pretty good array of functionality. KDE has some stuff that
> Gnome does not. Kpresenter, and Konqueror are excellent. Gnome has
> galeon for a browser (mozilla/gecko based) and the Evolution
> email/calendar/schedular/make-coffee-and-clean-floors app. Evolution is

Don't leave out GNOME's memory hungry but very pretty Nautilus file
manager!! ;)

As far as my personal opinion on the debate, I prefer GTK+/GNOME over
Qt/KDE. I think it is good to have both and to have the choice though. I
just personally prefer the look and feel of GNOME. It is prettier,
especially with the eazel theme for GTK. :) To me, Qt and KDE look a
little silly and the widgets "feel" flimsy to me. There are features
that KDE has that I'd like GNOME to have but either way I'm sticking
with GNOME.

--
Michael Golden <naugrimk at yahoo.com>
GnuPG Public Key: 1F8BDBDE