[ale] The bad thing about RPMs

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Fri Feb 8 09:06:11 EST 2002

You might wanna take a look at Gentoo (www.gentoo.org) - it is very similar
to LFS, but has a very cool installer (portage), which appears to have all
of the advantages of apt-get with some additional bells and whistles.

The best thing about it is every package that is installed is built from
sources, optimized for your specific system - and I mean everything.

Well worth checking out.

Charles

---