[ale] Desperate ssh HELP

David Brooks db at stayonline.net
Thu Feb 7 12:12:31 EST 2002

Worst comes to worst, open up telnet on the machine in case you bork
SSH.  (which I would advise doing just in case the commands below dont
work out)

Download the OpenSSH .src.rpm, then (assuming this is a redhat system):

# rpm -e `rpm -qa | grep ssh`
# rpm --rebuild openssh-<version>.i386.src.rpm
# cd /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/$ARCH
# rpm -ivh openssh-<version>.i386.rpm

...that should rebuild the rpm against your version of OpenSSL, and it
should install OK at that point.

-Dave

--
david a. brooks