[ale] "short read" errors on a HD, huh ?.........

phrostie pfrostie at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 19:12:56 EST 2002

i had problems with a new drive when i switched up to mandrake 8.0.
i don't think it was mdk that was the problem, i think it was the 2.4.x
kernel.  when i changed to debian and it's 2.2 the disk errors went away.

--
Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of DOS,
http://www.freelists.org/list/cad-linux

---