[ale] "short read" errors on a HD, huh ?.........

Courtney Thomas ccthomas at flash.net
Wed Feb 6 18:14:04 EST 2002

Greetings !

In that I want to use the entire drive, how should a 60Gig IDE HD be
partitioned ?

I am plagued with the following difficulty after creating three 4Gig
primary partitions and since after that point I understand that I can
only have 1 more primary partition, I created a logical partition [4
Gig] and this is where I'm getting the following described errors.

I am getting the following errors under Debian-2.4.6........

	error reading  block # <some #>
	short read while doing inode scan
	ignore y/n ?

What are short reads, what's going on and what should be done to remedy
all this ?

Appreciatively,
Courtney

---