[ale] Re: Tcl? (was: Re: [ale] Ale Inc.? (was RE: [ale] surviving sans work)

John Wells jbwellsiv at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 21:20:39 EST 2002

All very good points.  Since assuming responsibility
for this project, I've spent many hours flabbergasted
at their choice of tcl as a language.  It may be good
for smaller projects and utilities, but for a large
telecom application it's almost unmanageable.  I get
the feel that, given the age of the application
(approx. 10 years old), it was most likely one of
those "whipped up a prototype in a weekend and the
prototype became the product" sort of thing.  I see a
lot of those.  It works (most of the time) albeit
unattractively, so I guess it's got that going for it
;-).

John

Gravity"