[ale] OT: Windows Setup message

Matt Magee mmagee at atlnet.com
Sun Feb 3 16:17:24 EST 2002

In Win 98 there is a system recovery program in the \tools\sysrec\ folder
called pcrestor.bat  You can run that to "restore" system files.  That will
roll the system files back to the original setup.  Usually, this causes
other problems, but at least it makes the PC bootable to restore a backup.

Also, there is the System file checker SFC.EXE that can help you restore
system files one at a time from the install CD.

I am not sure if you could get the same result by running \WIN98\setup.exe
off the CD.  It would be a shame to actually follow the directions and trash
the sysem, wouldn't it?