[ale] SNMP programming with PERL

Ken Kennedy kkennedy at kenzoid.com
Sat Feb 2 12:29:54 EST 2002

On Sat, Feb 02, 2002 at 11:18:54AM -0500, Ken Nagorski wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Uhg, I am diving into the yukkie world of SNMP... I need to write a script
> that gets the current bandwidth, doesn't matter if it's in bits bytes, or
> whatever. I can work with it once I get it. I just can't seem to figure out
> what oid it is?
>
> Also - Anyone who might have experience with this? What perl modules are
> best I was looking at one on the net but I don't know if there isn't a
> better one?

No experience (SNMP...yikes! *grin*), but a quick look at CPAN:

http://search.cpan.org/Catalog/Networking_Devices_IPC/

shows three sets of registered SNMP-types modules (by my quick
eyeballing). A look at their changlogs, etc. should give you an idea
of which ones are most up-to-date and featureful.

At least a place to start, perhaps. (Apologies if you've already been
down this road!)

Ken Kennedy	| http://www.kenzoid.com	| kenzoid at io.com

 PGP signature