[ale] Low-End PC Giveaway

jeff hubbs hbbs at mediaone.net
Fri Feb 1 18:49:38 EST 2002

I have a set of old machines that I'm interested in giving away.

This is all box-only; no kbds, mice, monitors.

Knowing that any of you who might want these will likely want them for
different reasons, I'm willing to include *some* memory or disk.

Here's what I've got:

Mid-tower ISA/VL-bus Cyrix cx486DX2/50
Now has 12MB RAM - 4x1MB in 4 30-pin slots, 2x4MB in 2 72-pin slots.
Has a VL-bus card that handles IDE, serial, parallel, and floppy.
Machine POSTs and goes into BIOS setup but I can't get it to boot to a
floppy drive; it spins but the light goes out and nothing happens.  I've
tried two drives and two cables.  YOU figure it out!  :-)

NEC Image 433es, desktop case, 486DX/33.  I think it requires parity
RAM; I think I have 2x4MB worth.

DEC Venturis 466, AMD 486DX2, has 12MB RAM now (4MB onboard plus 2x4MB
in two 72-pin slots, desktop case

Mini-tower 486SX/33 ISA/VL-bus, 32MB RAM (8x4MB 30-pin), two IDE drives
in the 200-300MB range (works!)

Compaq Prosignia VS, EISA-bus, onboard SCSI (no IDE), onboard Ethernet,
486DX2/66, mini/mid-tower case.  I DON'T KNOW IF LINUX CAN DEAL WITH THE
ETHERNET OR THE SCSI.

Compaq Prolinea 575e, P/75, desktop case, IDE CD-ROM, built-in video,
one PCI slot.

If you have any questions about these, e-mail or call me at 404 303
8150.  Cell phone is 678 438 5999.

- Jeff

---