[ale] dell refurbished laptops

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Dec 31 17:19:12 EST 2002

We had an Inspiron laptop I believe and it was a lemon.  It would shut
itself off for no reason when plugged in.  We never could figure it out
and when it came back from Dell it was still doing it.  Eventually (1
year) the warranty ran out and they would not look at it again.  We
bought a Toshiba at CompUsa to replace it.  That was just my experience
with that laptop.  I had one in the past that was not very Linux
friendly.  From then on I've been very selective.  It seems that Toshiba
IMHO produces a very good laptop.  I purchased a HP on tax free day with
0% finance for 18months.  I would go that route if you can.  Just find a
good finance deal and get it.  when you get paid, pay the bill off.

Chris