[ale] Wireless Design Suggestions

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at sciatl.com
Tue Dec 31 09:55:08 EST 2002

Robert L. Harris wrote:

> This is exactly why I hit the list, I respect probably 99% of the
> opionins on this list as intelligent and non-crackpot.  I of corse
> belong in the 1% most would argue...
>
> I'll try and describe it best I can as I'm not living there and can't
> upload pics or a diagram.  Description is as if standing in the front
> door looking at the back wall.
>
> 2story house.
>   1st floor is layed out with 4 rooms with a hallway going down the
> middle of the left and right halves.  Garage is attached on the side to
> the right, out of the scenario.  Family room where I want the one desk
> with the 3 computers is in the far left corner and the desk will go on
> the outside,backside wall.
>
>   2nd floor is pretty much identicle except the 2 farthest rooms are
> merged into one master bedroom/bathroom.  The "server room" will be in
> the closest room on the left.
>
>   As a result I have to go from top front left of the house to bottom
> left back of the house.  I have to check out the actual "filler" in the
> walls and how thick the floors if I can drop from the 2nd floor to the
> first, through the floor into the crawlspace below, then across to the
> wall where I want to put the desk and back up but that's putting a lot of
> holes in floors and probably walls to get to the floors between the
> walls to drop down.
>
>   No she won't let me run a cable out the window and back in the house
> downstairs.

If you can find out the run of either phone cable or cable TV coax, you might be
able to use those runs as a path.  I know that in my house there are coax and
phone lines running through the walls from basement to attic.

--
Pete Hardie                   |   Goalie, DVSG Dart Team
     posting from, but not     |

     - - - - - - -  Appended by Scientific-Atlanta, Inc.  - - - - - - -
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.