[ale] OT: C not C++ Question

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Dec 30 13:19:16 EST 2002

On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 13:07, Danny Cox wrote:

> 	What I meant to do was point Chris (and interested others) to the
> Spencer alloca code, form their own ideas on how it worked, if it would
> work for their project, and then roll their own.  What was I
> thinking?!?! ;-)

Actually the Bohem GC looks closer.  My original thought up design was
that liboop would create a GC thread that would then have a linked list
to all objects dynamically allocated.  Then it would at certain
intervals cycle through the list and free objects that were not
referenced.

But how does it know that a chunk of memory is no longer referenced?

Chris