[ale] interrupts in linux??

Doug McNash dmcnash at smyrnacable.net
Sun Dec 29 16:23:13 EST 2002

As a general rule ISA card interrupts are not shareable,
PCI interrupts are sharable assuming the driver is written
that way and there is no reason it should not be. Most
motherboards do have a PCI-to-ISA bridge where they hang
the keyboard, serial, parallel port and other "legacy"
devices so those are not shareable if present and enabled.

The PCI BIOS will setup the IRQ's for the PCI devices and
there is not much you can do to change it.

--
Doug McNash
dmcnash at smyrnacable.net