[ale] OT: C not C++ Question

cfowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Sun Dec 29 09:33:02 EST 2002

On Sun, 2002-12-29 at 01:34, Benjamin Scherrey wrote:
> Can you not establish a pointer to a BufferedInputStream outside of
> the while loop, use it within the loop, then delete it outside when
> completed?

Yes, this is the intended use of the library.  You must use
XXX_dispose(OBJECT *obj) on any object created.  But I"m hoping to find
a better way.  I even considered starting a thread within the library
that would act as a Garbage Collector.  We have created a Vector class
and we can use that to store refrences to objects created.