[ale] LPI Certification

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Dec 23 22:48:58 EST 2002

I have LPI Level I certification. I missed Level II by 2 questions (dont
know squat about details on .deb packages).

It's a test of somewhat arcane knowledge. The level of memorized flags
for every command was disturbing. A have a collection of scripts built
up over the years that handle lots of heavy lifting. I usually refer to
man pages when I need details on the flags for a command. The test was
pencil and paper. No man pages.

The LPI site used to have loads of info about the depth of subject
matter needed to be memor^H^H^H mastered for each test level. While it
is much less expensive that RHCI, it won't carry near the weight in the
US. LPI will do well in Europe where RedHat is second place for
corporations.