[ale] OT: messing with those damned spammers

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Fri Dec 20 10:18:57 EST 2002

Inspired by a Wired article I read recently doing this same thing, I've
been playing with one of these URGENT ASSISTANCE NEEDED spammers.

Thought it might be fun to open to the group for suggestions on how to
thicken the plot.

Please send your outrageous suggestions, and I'll forward them on ;-).
I find it funny that he won't even go to a 50/50 deal, even though he
knows I'll never get a penny!

Read this ongoing saga at:

http://sourceillustrated.com/spam.html

Suggestions from my co-workers:
- Tell him the rate can be negotiated if he's willing to enter a "manly"
relationship
- Offer a trade of your mother for his sister as a show of goodwill before
any transactions can proceed

Spam *can* be fun...

John