[ale] OT: H1B

Matty matty91 at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 19 21:00:24 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 13:12, ahuitzot at mindspring.com wrote:
> And my point is, if we keep outsourcing there will not be anyone left in
> america that would be able to afford these "cheap" software (or what ever)
> products, because none of us will be left employed!  Unless of course you do
> not mind working for $7 an hr at arbys

At least you could eat :) Arby's makes a nice sandwich!

with no health insurance (or a very
> [...]
> > to have a reasonable price. Given the emrging
> > developing nations like India,
> > China, they can write software at a much lower
> > cost compared to when the
> > software is written in US. In order for US
> > software companies to survice,
> > the only way out is to be part of the Global
> > economy and invest in India,
> > otherwise they are going to loose the
> > competition. If you see Intel, Sun,
> > IBM, HP, Ford, GM, GE, all these companies have
> > office in India. Thousands
> > of sofwtware professionals are working in these
> > companies to prodeuce
> > cheaper software.
> > 2. If the software is cheap, the benefits you
> > are going to get are
> >    a.Lower insurance in most of the cases.
> > Because if they by expensive
> > software, they have to charge more insurance.
> >    b. Platics and Platic goods: Cheaper to
> > produce in China compared to any
> > other country in the world. If this is not so,
> > you have to buy the same
> > pieice for $10 if made in US as compared to $1
> > if made in China. This means
> > the inflation will go up. The cost of living
> > will go up. Our salary will not
> > be sufficient to survive.
> >    c. Even companies in India are shifting
> > their manufacturing bases to
> > china for cheaper platic goods. Economy is
> > truly Global.
> > 3. Ireland a small country amounts major
> > software exports in all over the
> > world.
> > 4. The companies not only have to survive, they
> > have to make profit.
> > Othewise invertors will not invest and the
> > stock goes down. US economy is
> > driven by stock value as compared to a real
> > value of the company. A company
> > is what an anlyst see as it is. It is not the
> > company the employess are made
> > of etc.
> >
> > 5. I think going forwared, the days are going
> > to be tough. India and China
> > also have tough tasks ahead.
> >
> > 6. I think, US is doing what it is supposed to
> > do(Smart). It is the mart
> > move in the Global economy to keep inflation
> > low and economy moving.
> > Otherwise there will me more layoffs etc.
> >
> > 7. Why do we buy Japanese goods specifically
> > Cars etc. Becuase they last
> > long. The economy is truly global.
> >
> > 8. I think the next century belongs to those,
> > who produce goods at a cheaper
> > cost. Does this country ever producess like
> > this. There is a point at which
> > this country has to yield to other developing
> > nations. As the econmomy
> > becomes global, more and more developing
> > countries will take part keeping
> > the cost of goods down and keeping the
> > inlfation down.
> >
> > 9. We have to figure out new ways to survive
> > ourselves. Other wise we are
> > going to loose the cause.
> >
> > 10. The reson why US is developed beacause of
> > the intense cold war. They are
> > forced to develop.
> >   For any nation to survive, the people should

Ryan Matteson - UNIX Administrator
GPG ID: 1B52A210 2002-12-01 Ryan Matteson (Primary Key Pair)
<matty91 at bellsouth.net>
Public Key: http://www.daemons.net/~matty/public.asc
Detached Digital Signature: http://www.daemons.net/~matty/public.sig.asc
Fingerprint = A0B1 298E 29C4 3F26 01D5  EDFC 3D62 281F 1B52 A210