[ale] OT: H1B

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Dec 17 14:21:35 EST 2002

A couple flaws in your assessment.  The first is that if all the work is
farmed out to h1b or overseas, then all these un-employed folks will
have no cash to purchase anything from these companies that are saving
all this money by using the cheaper labor.

Secondly, there are US Citizens who are taking the jobs at the lower
rates in order to maintain employment.  It's unfortunate, because the
winners are the corporations, not the citizens, not the h1bs.

Further, my personal experiences with h1b/contractors (that are of
chinese, indian origin is), they are poorly trained in software
development disciplines.  The code is terrible.  Inconsistent
formatting, poor logical solutions, never documented.  Just plain sloppy.

This is also exacerbated by the usual lack of command of the spoken
language.  The code is hard to follow and you can't understand the guy
who wrote it.

No offense, but it is apparent by your posting that English is not your
native tongue.  You must understand that this comes through in your work
as well.  For example, you use the word platic a number of times in your
posting.  I assume you meant plastic, but I'm not sure of that.  I'm
pretty sure this is not simply a typo as you did it at least 3 times
this way.

I think you're correct, in that there is a change coming, but all things
are cyclic.  It's just a matter of time until we see how much damage
this approach does to the overall economy.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...