[ale] OT: H1B

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Dec 17 09:57:42 EST 2002

The part I can figure out is why doesn't the cost of transporting all
the pieces around the world for final assembly nowhere near the pieces
place of manufacture doesn't run up the cost?

BTW. The crowds at stores like Macy's at Northlake are pretty small.
WallMart, however, is packed. That underscores the "laid off employees
don't spend lots of money" tenant.

BTW.2 WalMart has a complete PC system from HP, CPU, monitor, printer,
everything, in a box for $700. My last motherboard cost almost half that
amount. Of course that was 3 years ago and it has onboard SCSI and dual
CPU's.

On Tue, 2002-12-17 at 09:46, ahuitzot at mindspring.com wrote:

> BTW, why is it legal for a company to be in America, sell to people and
> companies in America, but have most if not all (anything over 50%) the
> companies work done off shore (as is the case it seems in alot of these new
> off shore ventures) and yet not have to pay any import tarrifs such as a
> forign company would?  I would concider a company forign if it did more then
> 50% of its work offshore....  I think something is seriously wrong with that
> picture...
>
> Mike

 This is a digitally signed message part