[ale] OT: H1B

Vaidhy Mayilrangam vaidhy at loonys.net
Mon Dec 16 12:30:41 EST 2002

Irv,

I am just curious what special facilities do H1B have? I have been there
and I do not know of any. I paid my taxes, my social security, medicare,
and unemployment insurance (even though I can not avail any of the last
3 if I were to lose my job), cannot work for anyone I want to (in fact,
if I were to start a company, I cannot even work there) and have to
leave the country within 10 days if I lost my job.

In addition to all these, to get the job under H1B, you have to be
better than others.

Somehow, you seem to have assumed that being a foreign non-immigrant
worker is a piece of cake and US has laid out a red carpet to welcome us
all. Well, the truth is, being a non-immigrant worker is tough and it is
even tougher to survive when you lose your job.

And oh, btw, most of those people who own the motels and others are US
citizens though of Indian origin. go talk to them when you get a chance.

Vaidhy